Everywhere I Turn


Here’s the Fair display.

I have no idea what model this is. Anyone got any idea?

Check out the rubber key covers. I’ve only seen those on a Royal Portable Standard “O” model on a YouTube video. I’ve never seen those on a desk machine. I personally don’t like the look of them. I think the glass keys are far more attractive. I suppose some collector may find the rarity of some value, though this machine isn’t in very good shape. I suppose someone who really wants those key covers could remove them and place them on another machine. 

The ceramic typewriter bric-a-brac (anyone got any idea what it’s used for? I personally suspect it’s a desk item for stationary items).



12 thoughts on “Everywhere I Turn

  1. Richard beat me to the Cole Steel. Those keytops on the Royal 10, however, are not original to the machine. They were marketed for comfort, sold separately in a little box. A few full sets show up on eBay every now and again. I think they really detract from the imagine of the machine, though.
    Great spottings!

  2. Believe it or not, I’m desperately searching for those rubber key caps for a 1930s Royal Touch Control. I bought one on Craigslist but the key caps are worn and the C is missing. I want them because, believe it or not, the actual glass keys underneath are totally blank! I have no idea why this would be but since it’s a gift for my boyfriend who is a writer, I really want to replace the keys. Any idea why the glass keys would be blank? Any idea where I could get new caps? eBay doesn’t seem to have any right now

    • I actually have no idea where to get those. My wife took the pictures of the Royal in this post, but it was some time ago. In any case, I’m not sure if the rubber caps are sold separately.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s